Saturday, June 19, 2010

DURian DUrian DurIAn....

Have been sometime since i last blogged..realy feeling lazy these days.. especially after coming back from Taiwan..

Perhaps I will talk more about my Taiwan trip in another entry.. for this entry, I would like to share 2 of my recent bakes with all of you..=)It has really been a while since i bake..

During my weekends, I decided to bake some durian puffs since this month is the durian season and I see ppl selling durian everywhere..and so..Hubby helped me to buy 3 boxes of durian.

I dunno whether is it due to me not baking for a while, my first batch of puff mixture was a total failure... I had no choice but to throw it away.. boohoo.. 16 puffs gone! I was not going to give up though.. well in the end i was still able to produce 16 beautiful puffs.. phew..if not my durian would have been wasted..



Well.. 3 boxes of durian was definitely too much for me to fill the 16 puffs.. in the end i decided to bake a durian cake as well.. since it was my mum's bdae. Truthfully, I was a bit reluctant to bake it since my mum has been coughing lately due to her overdose of rice dumpling which made her body "heaty". Anyways.. how can a birthday celebration go without a cake???!!

Woke up early the next day to finish all my house chores, and started baking the cake.. Viola within 2 days i've made puffs and cakes.. how efficient is that? Kinda of impress with myself.. heehee =p

One last thing to share before i end this blog.. Hubby treated me to a nice dinner in celebration to his new job.. *Sweet* Would like to wish him all the best in his new job! Thanks hubby for the sumptous dinner.. Love you! Muacks!

No comments: