Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Berries Berries

I am a 100% strawberry lover, therefore I would definitely not miss the chance to try out this cake - Strawberry Shortcake. This is also my present to my dearest little brother - JE on his birthday which is also in June. Happy Birthday my dearest brother!! Sister loves you! Hope you like the cake!

Well the problem with cake making is not the process, there is always new things to discover and learn in the process in making cake. It is the cleaning up which is a killer! The "oily" feel just won't come off those mixing bowls and pans! Arghh...

I really like the taste of this sponge cake although it is kind of sweet but still acceptable. Luckily this sponge does not use any ovalete, if not - MORE cleaning..
The problem I face with this cake is beating the cream. The cream contains plainly whipping cream, sugar and mascarpone cheese. After mixing, the cream just wun hold it's fluffiness and start becoming runny, making it really hard for me to apply on the cake. The conclusion my mummy drew was that, I should have added gelatine to the mixture, which I think makes sense.. but wouldn't the mixture become mousse instead of cream? Hmm.. will have to read up more on this.
Anyway aside these technical stuffs, this cake after much refridgeration turn out quite solid and nice.. I like it more than the cheesecake as a matter of fact..
I will definitely make this cake again, maybe for my own birthday! Yay.. Prolly try out another recipe for the sponge as well.

Was thinking what's next to try this weekend, went to Seng Siong during lunch and bought one whole big bottle of Nutella. Then it strikes me that I have a recipe copied from the internet that uses Nutella as the filling. - Nutella Swiss-Roll ! Well, so that is what I am making this weekend ! =D

No comments: