Monday, July 13, 2009

Zesty Sugar Cookies..

This is the third time I am baking cookies. I remembered the first time JP and me baked those ready mixed chocolate cookies which turn out to be ultra sweet and sinful. They actually taste like those cookies you can buy from Subway but only what we baked was harder. My second attempt was during Chinese New Year last year. I copied a recipe from http://big-girlicious.blogspot.com/ . Which was also chocolate flavoured cookie. (PS: Thanks Coraine! Really nice recipe!)

This cookies I am making this time round of which the recipe was copied from a library book I've borrowed. Ingredients as follows:

200g caster sugar
200g unsalted butter
1 egg (lightly beatened)
400g plain flour ( a little bit more for dusting)

To create the zesty taste, I added in orange zest from a large orange. I like this cookie very much as it is not sweet and easy to make. These type of cookie are actually good for doing sugar art due to it's flat surface. By making royal icing and adding different edible colourings, we can get really nice effects! Will try it the next time I make these cookies again. As I have limited time for baking this time round, I omitted that part.. hehe... My only concern is that with the addition of the royal icing probably the cookie will taste too sweet?

No comments: