Saturday, July 18, 2009

OreOOoo...

Have been wanting to try out the non-bake cheesecake for quite sometime and so here it is..I used the recipe from Krafts website and also heeded some suggestion from http://bakingmum.blogspot.com/to add in some lemon zest to the mixture. By adding some lemon zest, it can really increase the amount of flavour in the cake. And also you will be able to eat more as you wun have the bloating feeling that cheesecakes usually gives.

Ingredients as follows:
Base:
1 cup crushed OREO Original Cookies(white cream removed and set aside)
50g butter, melted
Filling:
500g block PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese,softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 teaspoons gelatine, dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup cream, lightly whipped
50g OREO* Chocolate Crème Cookies, extra,roughly chopped
Garnish for the top surface(Optional):
100g OREO* Chocolate Crème Cookies, crushed

As this recipe was meant for an 8" springform which i do not have, I re-adjusted the amount for the butter and oreo to fit my 9" springform. Also I double up the ingredients in order to make 2 cake at 1 go. 1 for my collegues and family to taste and the other for my husband's friend, who invited us over for a surprise party for their cute daugther SY - Happy Birthday SY!. Thanks ZT and H for the wonderful lunch and the sweet and thoughtful door gifts and thank you gifts.. (PS: H, I love the frame a lot! ) I really hope they would like the cake, if I know it was their daugther's bdae, I would have bought something else... haha.. Do give me your feedbacks!

I am now looking forward to my first blood donation next Thurday! and also the things I am going to make next! Till my next entry!

No comments: