Saturday, October 16, 2010

BAck FroM NoT So SuNNY CaliFornIA

My Dear fellow foodie bloggers... i am back from my trip to LA. This is my first trip to the States and is really an exciting experience for me. I reached LA airport in the afternoon and was greeted by my sweet hubby holding a sign saying "My Wife" and of course the sunny sky of LA which later on rained and remain cloudy for 3 days. I miss my hubby sooo much!

I was there for 12 days and I managed to go to a few places during weekends when hubby is free and not working. And from Monday to Friday, I stayed in the hotel room and make sandwiches for dear hubby for lunches as I was forbidden to cook and make the room stink of oil... I did my daily gym routine as well. The most looked forward meal of the day was always the dinner. We ate out most of the time, even caught a movie - Resident Evil 3D - at AMC. There were only 2 other couples in the cinema... something which you do not see often in Singapore =)

During the weekends we visited Ontario Mill Factory Outlet and Desert Hill Premium Outlet where I did most of my shopping. Really shopped till I dropped .. everything was so much cheaper! We also did sightseeing at Santa Monica Beach , Hollywood, Griffith Observatory,Universal Studio and Disneyland. Oooo.. by the way, I really enjoy shopping in their supermart too... Target and another one which sell all organic food -Wholesome Food Market. How I wish I can bring the things there back...

Now.. as for the food... they have the nicest fried chicken! Yes! Sinful... but really tasty! I got to tried some nice lobster and scallops at the Red Lobster Restaurent. But to my surprise the favourite food that I tried for this trip which i enjoyed the most is the Korean Organic Tofu pot at BCD. I love it !! Super tasty !! Very spicy with a lot of tofu - my favourite food! I shall try to mimick what i have tasted there and will try to update a post of my version of Korean Tofu Pot ! Well a lot has been said.. and i shall as usual end my post with some chosen pics of my trip! Enjoy~ =)



My Dear Hubby and I

Evening Sky of Santa Ana

Fried Chix Salad

Grilled Salmon on Bamboo.. Really tasty n Fragant

It's A Small World After All =)

Homemade Sandwich with Baked Chips for Lunch

Fast food lil Chix

A Really Tasty treat Granny Smith Green Apple dip

Fruit Tart

Mango Delight

In -and - Out Burger

Not sweet Not sour ... Jus Nice

Lobster-Scallop-Shrimp Platter







Light Lunch at Universal



My Fav Organic Korean Tofu Pot



Meal at LA Airport before boarding ... Macdonald Sandwich

3 comments:

Zoe said...

wow...I can see lots of yummy food that you had in California. You probably don't need the sunshine that much :p

Coraine said...

Wah all those food~~~ but u still look slimmer than b4!!! why why why!?!?!

Puffy's said...

Zoe.. U r soo right! =)

Coraine..yes yes the food is really good and tempting! I workout everyday in gym jus to stomach it... Worth it!