Sunday, September 6, 2009

Éclair

Friday I tried out on a puff recipe I got from the internet. The ingredients were simple, the only thing is that this is my first attempt on puff pastry. As I was left with a lot of whipping cream and Dark Chocolate Covertures from my last bakes, I decided to turn these puffs into Éclairs... A Yummy Plan... =)

Part of the instructions for making these puffs were to cook butter, suger and salt over medium fire and when all were well mixed, add in the flour. At first I was really skeptical about adding flour to the mixture while heating.. but hey... all went well.. I got a nice custard like mixture.
While these lovely puffs were baking, I started whipping the fillings, which were basically whipping cream and cocoa powder. I did not want to try anything fancy first since it was my first try on the puffs and I don't even know whether they will turn out to be good or not. I was really lucky to got it right on my first try. The puffs maintained the puffiness and did not sink. Below is a pics of the "naked" puffs.. luv the small ones.. very cute and can gobble down in jus one mouth.


As the batches I made were little and soon all the mini puffs and Éclairs were gobbled down in no time and I left none for my hubby on Saturday. And so, early morning the next day, I made another batch specially for my dear hubby. Jia You LAo GonG! 1 more week of reservist and you can come home for good! Miss You A LotTTT!!




I will definitely use this recipe again. I have also consulted my mother for the durian cream recipe so that next time I can make Durian Puffs! Well, till then.. stay tune to my next bake yar! Hopefully CUPCAKES! =p

No comments: