Sunday, March 7, 2010

Flea Affair @ China SQ Central & SIs's AdV BdaE CeleBRAtion

First weekend of March is fully planned with baking, celebration and money-making FLEA Affair! Really tired but fulfilling.. =)

On Saturday I stayed home all day to finish my weekly chores of mopping the floor and laundry and then I moved on to bake a cake for my dear sis. So happens that her bdae this year falls on a weekday and so I decided to bake her a cake in advance since i would not have the time on weekdays..

For those who followed my blog from start will know that I love strawberry shortcake and had attempted one for my bro's bdae last year.. and so being a fair big sista, I bake a strawberry shortcake for my dear lil' sis this year! wahaha.. (Excuse!)

With that, I lazed for the rest of my Saturday.. =)

On the following day, Hubby and I woke up early and start to set off to my Mother's house to pick my bro and sis for our long awaited Flea Market! Brought the cake along as we plan to cut it after dinner that day.. All was in a rush as we were late for the start up time and most importantly, hubby had to rush off to his MAGIC Competition ..
After much fluster, out stall was setted up at around 10.30am and Bro's GF, WX, joined in jus in time.. This time round we are located on 1st floor of the building where the entrance is. Good thing about this location is the good flow of crowd. The downside is the air-con keeps on escaping when the auto door open and closes.. ended up we were feeling quite hot. Also unlike the previous location, we do not have that much of free space to ourselves .. very cramp..But with all these downside were all covered up with our nett profit of the day of 200+ dollars!

My second Uncle family came and support, and with the kids around we had even more fun and rubbish to talk about!. Hubby's sis JY and Best pal JP(BB in Stomach) and HSM also dropped by to support!This is also my first time to meet a bad customer.. She picked out $40 worth of items and say that she will come back with the money to collect the items as she was meeting her fren. We kept her things and she never return. Till 1 hr before we wrapped up, we finally release all these items for sales again.. Lucky we were still able to sell off these stuffs to the last minute Filipino Maid Crowd. Lesson Learnt!

I also bought a pair of very cute soft toy donkeys at a ultra good price from another flea stall.. cute?


My parents and Hubby came and we all went for a nice dinner at a Teochew restaurent and headed back to my mum's house to cut the cake. Find the sponge still too dense. Intend to add in some ovalette for my next bake.. Till then.. here are the pics for my flea and sis's bdae celebration!




No comments: