Sunday, August 30, 2009

Forever 21..Forever Frens..

30th Aug is a special day. It's PX's birthday! Come to think of it We have know each other (Including L in the group) since Sec 2? Wow... 12 years of friendship! OMG, I've shocked myself even, must stop counting ! During this 12 years, we have missed a couple of her birthday celebration, as she is always oversea, pursuing her education .. career .. dreams.. From a timid gal in secondary school times, we have witness her mature into the PX today. We've kept in touch and would always meet up at least once a year. Birthdays are no exceptions!
It did not take me very long to decide what to give to her. Yes.. a chance for me to practice .. I decided to give her a Birthday Cake made by ME! =)
Well.. the flavours were limited as PX dun like chocolate and so I settled with a Peach Layered cake... The method of making this cake is the same as making the Strawberry Shortcake, only that we will be using PEACH. Also, instead of using Daniel Tay's recipe of the genoise sponge which I used for my Bro's Bdae, I tried another recipe from Happy Home Baking.

Well .. And so I spent half of my Saturday making this cake. As usual, I am always having problem with decorating the cake. But this time managed to cover more or less of my shortcomings with the help of some balance Lady Fingers left from my Tiramisu attempt...heehee.. Anyway, I am determine to take up some professional lessons to brush up my cake decorating skills, that's for sure!

A message to Dear PX:
You have always been the superwoman in the trio. Independent, Smart and Pretty. On this special day, I would love to wish you all the success in your future endeavours. Always pretty (Remember to teach me the know how of the dame fake eyelashes!) To be able to meet a person who appreciates and cherish you. Good health and happiness! Happy Birthday !
(PS: Hope my cake is not that bad. All my wishes are in the cake !)

2 comments:

PX said...

the cake was nice...it's peachy and also it's made by you for me!! *muacks*
i hope there will be one every year from now on...guess you gonna crack your head on what flavour to make for this little miss "non-choco lover"!

Puffy's said...

OK! No problem!