Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tiramisu - Learning the Hard Way...

My quest to make tiramisu was sparked by my dear fren JP who made me this specialty of hers on my birthday. Believe a number of you had seen it on my FB. Well.. I got the recipe from her and also looked up the internet. Finally I decided to test this fool-proof recipe - Macha Tiramisu (courtesy of Happy Home Baking) out on Wednesday after my Yoga class.

As I have leftover mascarpone cheese from my last bake, I reckon I did not have to but new ones without checking the leftovers in the fridge. And so I got all what it is needed from Cold Storage and went home. When I was about to start mixing my cream mixture. It was then that I realised that there is something not quite right with my cheese. It was lumpy and watery. I tasted it and was fine, therefore I concluded that it is due to the refridgeration and went on with my recipe. But as I went on, the weirder my macha tiramisu became. It was not creamy instead it was watery... But what was done was done, I jus shove the mixture into the fridge and hope for the best the next morning.. In the morning, an ugly looking watery cake awaited me... was super sad..


I threw the spoiled cake away and decided to make a new one (Traditional Tiramisu) the following night. This time round I bought fresh marscarpone cheese! And it turn out well! I used the recipe from Happy Home Baking and also used Baileys instead of Rum and it turns out really well! I lover Baileys... Yummy! I will definitely make this again and also try out the Macha version of it eventually. Most importantly, must use fresh mascarpone cheese! Well.. I learned it the hard way...hehehe...

No comments: