Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BreadTokTok??

Well .. last weekend was still a bread making session for me. I took this bread making session to test out a few things for the coming charity drive on 23rd Aug. Basically it would be quite impossible for me to knead 2kg of dough manually, so I had to do kneading using my mother's machine. But turns out that it can't really handle a 900g dough, I had to knead by hand in the end.

Next I tested out different amount of dough to make different size of bread. I intend to make small ones as I can make more of those with the limited amount of dough I can produce maunally. Finally, I also tried the transparent mayo recipe I downloaded from the internet for the pork floss. Turns out really sweet. I may need to reduce the sugar and also change another type of butter for my next try. But I must say that it still tasted better then pork floss with mayo...

Recipe for the Transparent Mayo as follow:

Ingredient A
100g, Fine sugar
5g, Salt
50g, Butter
450g, Water
Ingredient B
200g, Fine Sugar
50g, Corn Starch
200cc, Water

1) Combine Ingredient A into a big bowl and bring to cook over low heat. Make sure that stiring is done and that sugar and butter gets completely melted.
2) When mixture A starts to boil, combine Ingredient B into mixture A and continue to cook over low heat. The mixture will starts to thicken and get transparent in color. Allow cooling before using the mayonnaise.


And I got something like this in the end...

Hot Dog with Pork Floss Bread... Sinful...

Hotdog Bun with Mozza Cheese..

Last But not least.. the texture of my bread.. nice and fluffy...
This weekend I am going to take a break from baking bread. Still have no idea what i am going to bake or do since it is going to be a long weekend for me but definitely I will be doing some planning for my upcoming trip which I am soooo excited about.. YEAH!! Let's celebrate our nation's birthday! Happy Birthday Singapore!! And thanks for the long weekend !! =p

No comments: