Monday, August 24, 2009

My First-Ever Bizzar Bazaar! - Day 1

I woke up real early on Saturday and started my first batch of bread dough.. was not smooth sailing like the previous time. The plan for the day was to make 4 batches of dough to make 200 over mini buns, more than half are hot dog and the others are mini cheesy sugar sticks.

After my first batch of dough, I left it to proof for an hour while I start on my second batch. It was in the midst of kneading that i was gradually feeling tired. How was I going to pull through batch 3 and 4?! But still I persist. I wanted to do most of the dough rather than relying on PX's help on it. PX is real nice to lend a helping hand to me on that day. Thanks PX! She reached my house just in time to start moulding the dough from the first batch into individual minis. And so our production line starts.
Batches of freshly baked minis starts to appear from 2pm onwards till 7pm. In the middle, we rested a bit to take lunch. Looking at these pretty buns, it was really worth it. But the sad part is the dough was not as fluffy as my previous bakes. I concluded that the water i used this time round was too cold. Should have added more room temp water to make it not so cold... =( The hot dog flavoured ones were jus nice. But my sugar cheesy were a bit tough.. Still the show must go on!


PX left at 6 plus and then Hubby came at 7 plus, just in time to do the packing for the last batch of minis. And my dear sis went out and came back with the improved version of the signage. The truth is, it was much much more preofessional from what I have printed .. well .. she IS the pro what.. hahah..




And there you have it a short summary of the production day for my mini buns for sales. What I can say was that without help from these good people around me, I would not have done it on my own. Think my mother had to clean up the kitchen 1 more time after I left. It was 1 HECTIC day! At the end of it, i was jus looking forward to a nice bath and a goodnight sleep... Zzzzz...
Thank You all again for your help and also your effort for not eating up too much of those minis. I know is very tempting especially freshly baked ones... =p

No comments: