Monday, August 24, 2009

My First-Ever Bizzar Bazaar - Day 2

Today is Judgement Day! After a day of work, turning my mother's kitchen and dining into a war zone, finally today I will be setting up the store to sell my minis! I was really happy and excited.. yet scared that nobody will buy my bread. Hubby changed $50 into smaller changes as a start, when 10am striked, hubby loaded the trolley with the free mineral water and me carrying the set up table cloths and signage went to the MPH to ballot for our table number.


When we reached there, several stores has been set up and is already bustling with people. There were other competitors selling food and I was beginning to feel the pressure. After setting up, our business start. Was really slow, as no one wanted bread for breakfast! With so much aunty stalls selling beehoon , yam cake and meesiam.. my bread was the last choice on their list... i felt sad .. Then my first ray of hope came. It was an indian dad with his 2 kids. He bought suger sticks, although was only 1 packet, but I was already very happy! Business started slow, but with the help of good publicising from my MIL and FIL soon a few old neighbours came to support. We even started to sell the mineral water to generate more income.

JP and HSM came as promised .. Best fren! Support me and came and took pics.. they joined in the lelonging and selling mode. I took this chance to walk around and see what other ppl were selling. I even bought a pair of earring and food to eat for lunch.. ahha...

At the end of the day we manage to breakeven earning $70, while we drove the balance stock of bread to my mother's house so she can give the bread to her aunty frens.

The most valuable lesson i have learnt from this whole experience is to do market evaluation. As the ppl who patronize the bazaar were mostly old people or aunties and uncles in their 50s, it was hard to entice them with my bread. Instead, they were much interested in meesiam and beehoon. Second thing is to think fast. Although the mineral water was meant as free gift when the ppl purchase the bread. Don't be a block head when someone wants to give you money for the drink only! hahaha... Well.. i reacted fast and brought in extra income to cover the lack of sales of the bread. hehe...

Thanks to FIL/MIL/all the aunties from Hubby's side and JP/HSM for coming down to show their support and help! I will definitely join this bazaar again next year and will come out with a menu that suits and serve the crowd better! In the meantime, I am sooo into this FLea/Bazaar craze, will be planning to rent a place at Tanglin Mall Bazzar with my sis and JP to sell off my old clothes, accessories, books and my sis's own creation. Will post the details once I confirmed everything! Do show us your support then!! =)

No comments: