Monday, December 28, 2009

ChrIstMas Bailey's LoG


This log cake was created for a christmas eve party organized by T and H. Both are long time friend of hubby and they are always the one who initiate and organizes nice parties and gatherings at their house.Which i feel requires a lot of effort and a big heart. Christmas eve is no exception. It was a pity that i could not be there as I had a BBQ with my own family and friends as well. And this made me feel even more obligated to bake something for their party. And since it was a pot luck party, I felt it is most appropriate.

For this cake, i spend the longest time in thinking what flavour to make. I did not want to stick with the conventional chocolate ganache or chantilly cream, which i felt was really boring since i can get it easily from any bakery for 20 over bucks..
And then Tiramisu came to my mind. Why not combine Tiramisu Cream with Chocolate ganache? And so I tested it out on my first trail.

My dear bro and his classmates who were having a BBQ on the weekend before christmas eve, became my testers.. hahaha.. A fun bunch of ppl to be ard with.. full of jokes and laughters. I had good reviews from them and some pointer of improvements.

With those valuable hints in mind, i made the log cake for the pot luck the day before 24th after work. I am not really satisfy with the rolling of the sponge on the second time as the timing was a bit off for the cooling procedure. But I still manage to produce the cake for my Hubby to collect the next day. I was really anxious to know whether they like the cake or not. And according to hubby, they did and i was really glad and relieve to know that. Phew! A pity is that i overlook that their kids cannot take Baileys.. hai.. if I knew, I would have make little cupcakes for thr little ones.. Till next gathering ba... =)

* Dear T & H,
Thanks soooo much for your christmas gift! I know what to do de! First one i am testing is the Green tea Tiramisu!
We have started putting 1 dollar coins in the little bear .. hope to fill it up soon! Yay!

No comments: